- Cast aluminum end tanks
- Advanced offset fin design
- TIG welded for improved strength
- Vacuum brazed bar-and-plate design
- 83% larger aluminum intercooler core
- Up to 30 degree reduction in charge air temp
Drain Plug Feature
The Garrett direct fit performance charge air cooler comes with a fully machined drain plug to relieve condensation buildup commonly found in the F150 platform. The bolt can be removed with a 3/8 open ended wrench. Installers can test for condensation by turning the engine on, transmission in park, remove the bolt and place a catch can under the opening. Observe for any fluids. If fluid is present, gently rev the engine several times to dispel. Be sure to dispose of fluid with your local waste management facility.